- Advise the Office of Special Education concerning matters related to special education and related services.
- Promote the acceptance, awareness and inclusion of students with disabilities in our schools and community.
- Promote a network of parents of children with disabilities and special needs in Harford County.
- Participate in the Harford County budgetary process.
- Provide information forums to parents, educators, students and professional on issues related to special education.
- To enhance partnerships of students, families, community leaders, organizations, educators and administrators through discussions that focus on the enrichment of services and opportunties for students with disabilities in Harford Counrty Public Schools.
- For students with disabilities, to be understood, accepted, and given full accessibility to a free, appropriate education equal to their peers without disabilities.
- To educate the community about the needs of students with disabilities in Harford County Public Schools.
- Serve as liaison between students, parents, the community and the Office of Special Education.
- Assist familes in becoming educated, confident and comfortable participants in their child's education.